6-month homemade landry check-in!

At the beginning of October last year, I made my very first batch of Homemade Laundry Detergent.  It lasted me six months!!!!  Let's do a quick cost run-down:

Total Cost:

$2.65 - Ivory Soap
$3.69 - Borax
$2.99 - Washing Soda
$3.75 - 5 Gallon Bucket

= $13.08


$13.08 is for four batches.  I made the first batch for $6.08 (including the 5-gallon bucket) and just made the 2nd batch for $2.33 (just the soaps - I already paid for the bucket).

Now the real question - does it work???

Initially, I made it for laundering my cloth diapers.  It didn't work so well.  I now use Rockin' Green Detergent for my cloth diapers and LOVE it!!

As for my homemade laundry detergent, we have used it through a baby and a toddler potty-training.  We used it through the muddy, snowy, wet winter.  And I used it on all my snot/banana/cheese covered shirts and pants.  And I never had an issue!  I use a little over half a cup of this gelatinous mixture for our HE washing machine.  My laundry smells great and is always clean.  (Except for the grape-stained white shirts...whoops.)


We put it into the gallon milk jug using a funnel Jason made me!


If you are looking for frugal ways to free up some spending cash for beer, wine...or bills I guess, try this stuff out!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...