Trick or Treat - Take 2: The Mall

Our local mall has Trick-or-Treating for little ones.  It's a fantastic alternative for anyone who lives in a sketchy neighborhood...or for parents who have too many costumes and need a few opportunities to get their children dressed up.  Leo couldn't decide. 

But eventually picked the M&M my mom found at a thrift store a couple weeks ago!

Quick tangent: Bumblebees are a very popular costume.  I stumbled on this picture of me when I was only 6 or 7.  I'm the bumblebee in the center!

The Mall experience was interesting.  There was a huge mob of frantic children and their patient parents standing in a huge ring around the mall.  We waited in line between each store to get our piece of candy and move on.  The wait between stores was a few minutes and Leo spent it scavenging through his bucket of candy to try out every piece of candy in there.


2 year olds have no concept of Trick-or-Treating.  It is impossible to explain to them that they simple stick out their bucket and someone will put candy in it - over and over again.  As far as Leo could understand, each piece of candy Leo received was the last.  When his bucket was sufficiently full, we directed his attention to his very bored sister.





The excitement of the evening was just overwhelming.


Leo's candy bucket overflowed with lollipops and other candy unsuitable for toddlers.  As a responsible parent, I am obliged to go through all the candy and verify that it is safe for him to eat...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I hid the bucket with what was left of Leo's candy and thought for sure he wouldn't even remember about the candy in it.  He asked me to take my chair.


I happily let him borrow it as he muscled it into the kitchen. 

All that work and he still isn't tall enough to reach! 


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...