Leo's Feast Day!

Today is the Feast Day of Leo's patron saint: 

Pope Saint Leo the Great
About Pope Saint Leo the Great

I love the name Leo.  I love that it is a family name and it is the name of such a great role model for us!  It is also the name of 12 other great popes so Leo has a lot of patron saint prayers coming his way!

A few months ago, my mom went to visit some of our very good friends for dinner.  The Roth family is very close to us and I actually lived with their daughter Angela for 3 years - Best.Roommate.Ever.  Mrs. Roth gave my mom a gift for me (that's her in the peach - isn't she adorable?)


She and her husband saw saw a Pope Leo XIII collector plate and thought of Leo!!!  How awesome is that?!?!


Leo calls it his special plate and takes extremely good care of it.


I think in honor of this special feast day, we might even hang it on the wall...even though I'm a little nervous it will suffer a tragic accident by way of a tantrum or a thrown ball...


But maybe having it up on our wall will remind us to pray more often to our patron saints!


And...uh...we need all the prayers we can get....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...