Retail Therapy

I hate shopping.  It is not therapeutic for me.  But couponing?!  That is therapeutic.  I spend time matching coupons with deals.  Print my list.  Find and clip my coupons.  Write down the final list along with my sorted stack and head out the door (that's my list for today on the left!).  All of that sorting and organizing helps my right brain feel right-side-up while the playing and pretending with my children helps my left brain feel all upside down and silly.  Combine the two and my brain gets all the exercise it needs.  Fact:  Did you know that although the brain accounts for less than 2% of a person's weight, it consumes 20% of the body's energy?  Turns out I was exercising the wrong parts of my body to lose weight!!  Har-dee-har-har-har...

Anyway, we were running low on a few items and I have been checking out the deals weekly at Giant Eagle.  I haven't needed to rush out for most of the sales because we have a lot of stuff on hand already and I make a lot from scratch.  But back when I started couponing in August/September, I bought a bunch of cereal.  And now, in March, we finally opened the last boxes.  We also go through french fries like they're going out of style.  It's my "go-to" food when Jason works nights.  If I can't have the deep-fried goodness on the regular, I can at least substitute baked fries!!  I'm sure I could try to make these from scratch, but I have to draw the line somewhere!

Grand Total: I spent $70.42 and I saved: $64.83!  Almost 50%

1st Transaction: $17.50, Saved $5.53 plus I got a $5.00 off your next order catalina.

2nd Transaction:  All this


High points:
All the cereals were between 50 and.90 cents!!!  (And yes, I did cover the Lucky Charms with the Total...I only bought them as bribery for the children in sticky situations!!)
8 BBQ sauces for $0.50 each!
3 Bags of rice for $0.29 each

I got my coupon high for the month and can now resume regular duties :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...