Tasty Tuesday: Brussels Sprouts!

Tasty Tuesday

If they are on my plate, I will eat them.  However, in all grocery shopping, I'm the decider!!!  So it's a good thing we belong to an awesome CSA program or veggies would be cheesy covered goodness every day.

We received a huge bag of small Brussels sprouts in our last CSA share and I found a very tempting and super simple recipe on 101 Cookbooks.


24 small brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for rubbing
fine-grain sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated cheese of your choice

Trim the ends off the sprout and slice them in half.  Rub them with a little olive oil.  I just put them face down on a plate with some olive oil and moved them around so they all got a little.
 
Heat some olive oil over medium heat and put the brussels sprouts in face down and sprinkle a little salt over top.  Cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes (until they are soft).
 
Then comes the delicious part!!  Turn up the heat a little and brown them!  Flip them a bit to get them browned all over, sprinkle some pepper and some cheese on top and serve!
 
When I started cooking, if I had any clue the level of deliciousness, I would have taken more pictures.  This was one of the only photos I snapped before they were completely gone!!

Elena actually preferred them to her Mac'N'Cheese!
 
And I'm including this video for 2 reasons.  1: Because I find my own children eating food wildly entertaining.  And I am quite certain I am the only one :)  But it's my blog and I can.  And 2: Because three-quarters of the way through, Leo does this amazing dancing spin move and gets like 3 revolutions in there!  It was pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...