Going the distance

SPOTTED: 1 LIZ IN AUSTIN, TEXAS.  She DOES exist!!!

She drove 190 miles to meet me for lunch.  I would be hard-pressed to find another who would agree to meet me for a lunch date 3 hours from home.

(Despite many threats, she showed amazing restraint in not chomping down on Elena's thighs. 

Not only did she drive across Texas to see us (or maybe it was for the Corned Beef and Cabbage?  One can never be too sure), but she also came bearing gifts for the kiddos.
 

And, for the pièce de résistance

Liz and I are officially searching for this in our size.



After many hours of catching up, my ever-so-patient husband (who chased a crazy toddler around the pub) snapped a few photos of our meet-up for posterity's sake.  These rare reunions happen about once every 5 years and I already can't wait for the next one.


She then turned around and drove another 190 miles home to Ft. Worth.  Thank you Liz!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm famous now! (and busted on the corned beef and cabbage! ;)
    LOVING THE SUIT! glad I didn't get it any smaller! I'll tell you as soon as I find our matching ones :)

    (I was looking behind us in the photo for the crazy lady but she's not there :( )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...