Why I love my life edition:
1) We moved in!!!!
And I have all my stuff back!!!
The kids are pretending to be "stuff" we have to carry into the house :)
I'm not really sure if we shared a ton of photos of the house, but you'll get a good idea in the next few weeks just what we're working with!
TONS OF SPACE!!!!!
2) Jason bought me a new laptop!!! I can't believe it. He takes good care of me...and my vices. I also cannot believe that you can get a laptop for $299???? I remember people fighting in line for the Black Friday laptops at a "steal" for $600! But, here I am, clickety-clacking way on two-hundred ninety-nine dollars worth of "me-time". My husband rocks :) And - sorry about that last post mocking you honey. I'm still not taking it down.
3) Three nights in a row of that bad boy:
4) I finally have access to all my awesome cooking apparati. Not only did I find them quickly when we arrived at the new house, but they all FIT in our new house!!
I am stupid excited about storing them all under that countertop. Considering half of them used to be stored on that rolling unit to the right, this is a definite step forward. And I even have room to fit some more!
And I'm already cooking good foods again.
We found out the previous owner took the fridge, washer and dryer with her so we were working with this as our fridge at first:
But now I have 26 cubic feet to pack with delicious foods!!!
Life is GOOD!!!
Shoot - I'm so happy to be in my own functional kitchen that I'm not even mad I have to deal with this!
Or even this!
5) When we started our house hunt, I made a verbal "wish list" to Jason. It only had a few items. But I thought I should put them out there. And they weren't mandatory. It was more of a: If we get to pick between a couple houses, these are the things that will pull me in one way or another. I wasn't too convinced we would get any of the items because of our limited house budget.
The list was:
And a ton of space.
6) So, now that you know that I love it - what about the kids?!
THEY LOVE IT!!!
First: As I promised them multiple times over the course of the last 3 months, their toys DID appear at the new house in Texas.
We have a huge backyard to play in
They are finally allowed to jump on the beds again!!
They have their very own fort:
Can you see him hiding on the left?
Mommy is well-rested and nice again!
And they found the costume bins!!!!
That's my old Smurfette dress!
Only one of the kids isn't happy about all the changes in his life recently:
So a lot of the work I do is with a baby attached to my hip
7) The only downside is that when we told the kids that we were finally here in our new house in Texas, Leo insisted that this couldn't be Texas because his Granny and Papa were not here. He tells me many times every day that he misses his Granny and Papa. We hope you come visit soon!
Check out all the other takes over at Jen's!