Baked Donut Hole Fail

I test-drove a recipe today that I wanted to make for Mom's Group being hosted at my house tomorrow.  The recipe is pretty basic and the title held the word "Donut".  I was sold.

Servings: 1 dozen donut holes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
  • 1/4 cup Coconut Sap Sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 5 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar or cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a glass baking dish.
In a medium bowl, cream sugar, salt, butter and vanilla extract together with an electric hand mixer. Add egg and mix thoroughly.
Sift in coconut flour and stir to combine. Let dough sit for one minute. Shape dough into 12 1-inch balls. Place evenly on baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.
Let cool and roll in powdered sugar or cocoa powder


I actually don't have any coconut flour on hand and I'm too cheap to buy it, so I started by taking a cup of my unsweetened organic coconut and grinding it in my food processor...and then the coffee grinder for good measure.

 Looks like flour to me?????

I followed the directions, rolled the donuts, baked them in a glass dish and...

VOILA!!!!!


I was able to salvage them somewhat but won't be serving them tomorrow morning :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...