Welcome to my pity party. Please don't throw tomatoes.

Jason and I get 2 dates a year.  Two.  That's it.  We look forward to these two dates with great anticipation.  One is the Gala at the private school he works in (which will be skipped this year since the baby is due the same week) and the other is the Christmas Party at a Bavarian Inn located on a cliff over water.  It is a magical place and if we knew about it AND had the money, we would have held our reception there.  It is beauuuuuuuutiful!!!  Monsignor really spoils his staff with this Christmas party.  The food at this fiesta is all I dream of all year long :)  And my incessant heartburn disappeared JUST in time for a long night of feasting.

Credit

Credit
Credit

This means I only need to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed 2 days a year.  The other 363 days a year I can wear sweatpants and laze around with puffy eyes and questionable showering frequency.  We are going to spend 4 hours this evening chatting with Jasons' coworkers.  My voice is gone and I can't peel my eyes open.

Perhaps it is Murphy's Law that Elena was up from 4:30 to 6:30 with a cough???  I woke up with an ear infection.  Not the worst thing in the world, just enough of an annoyance that falling asleep wasn't coming easy.


And Leo wet the bed and woke up at 7:00...  Jason took Leo downstairs with him and just as I fell asleep (again), Leo woke me up at 7:30.  He just missed me, that's all :)


It's Sunday though, right?  Just throw the kids at Jason and take a real nap??  Can't...He works Sunday mornings...


The kids keep jumping on me and telling me to wake up.  I literally can't peel my eyes open or they start watering.  Or I'm crying.  I can't tell.  

I think this is the sort of post that, 9 times out of 10, I just delete after writing it.  I don't think it is helping anyone that I throw it out into the world.  I feel a tiny bit better after having written it, however, I'm too tired to think rationally and weigh the pros and cons of 5 minutes of public complaining.  

Will this affect Leo's future career?  When his potential employer Google's his name, is this the post that will lose him the job of his dreams and force him to move back home with us at 35?  And Elena - will she still be considered easy-going and cool after people find this post?  Are her jammies with the Peek-a-Boo cutout going to ruin her chances at being a modest clothing designer after I teach her how to sew???   Blogging is all about responsibility.  

That is why, to pay my children back for this morning's antics, I am going to post the following slideshow.

This free script provided by
Dynamic Drive


Mess with Momma again children and it will only get worse...

(And despite my fatigue, I am 100% sure I am going to have an awesome date with my husband tonight...along with all his co-workers.  I'll take one for the team just to be able to dine in peace!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...