7 Quick Takes (#15)




1) I'm a day late but I have a very good excuse!!  I spent a very long and GLORIOUS day yesterday visiting two friends who just had babies!

Baby Joseph is 3 weeks old.


And baby Callum is only 1 week old!


I gave their moms brownies for gracing the world with such sweet babies.  They deserve them :)  I was also able to exit my home and the clingy fingers of my own two sweet kids for almost an entire day and actually missed them a little.  Not a lot.  Just a little.  Things got a little rough around the edges this week with meltdowns - from all 3 of us.

I am a firm believer that new moms don't need receiving blankets and onesies (although they might like to have them).  They need FOOD!!!!  Leo helped me make an abundance of Shepherds Pie to fuel the moms and pork up the babies.




Small potatoes take forever to peel - we needed all the help we could get!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Speaking of my sweet kids.

THIS ONE!  


Learned "NO" this week

...and isn't afraid to use it.  


And when she makes her older brother look like a Winged Seraphim sent directly from Heaven above


Let's just say she spent some time on the step this week.  Not so much because she "gets" it, but because mommy needed her out of the way to do heavy-duty clean up in various corners of the house she destroyed.


But most of the time, when she shoots us her best "I'm a big girl" NO! Jason and I just bust out laughing instead of punishing her...


We are powerless against her magical Farrah Fawcett hair :)

And sometimes she can be sweet so we forget about the shrieking "I DO IT!!"s and the "NO DON'T WANT IT"s.


Jason determined that she is just trying to get us into the Christmas Spirit early since we spend 18 out of 24 hours a day saying "NO EL!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  
3) I realize #2 is a little negative.  So I counter with these cherub-like shots Jason took yesterday.





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) The kids desperately want to touch my knitting all the time.  I tell them they can't touch it because I am making special presents for our family.  This week, I learned how to crochet a flower thanks to Youtube and the kids decided that since they can't touch the knitting, they would kiss it.





So if you are lucky enough to receive something knitted from us this year, you have the Gale Guaranty it has been smothered in tons of peanut butter kisses from both babes.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5) You all know that I am constantly jumping on the news regarding the Pill.  Well, last month, after hearing the prostate cancer diagnosis of our Pastor, I told Jason that I think it has everything to do with hormonal contraceptives being leaked into our water supplies, the animals we eat are ingesting that water, and even the fish are turning all wacky!  I am so happy to find that someone has begun to dig deeper into the effects of hormones pouring into our environment: http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/story/2011-11-16/Could-the-Pill-raise-mens-prostate-cancer-risk/51234862/1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6) Jason and I don't have a TV subscription.  We survive off Hulu and Netflix.  Recently, Netflix suggested a show called The Colony.  It is like MacGyver meets Lost.  Only without all the pretty scenery.
THE COLONY is an experiment that simulates a post-apocalyptic world in which volunteers are tasked with surviving and rebuilding everything from scratch, using only raw ingenuity and supplies they scavenge from their environment. Here's your destination to learn more about these bold experiments into a dark future that holds the promise of hopeful regeneration.
It was SUCH a good show.  I want to show it to my 12 year old nephew who is a bit of a genius when it comes to creating things out of seemingly unrelated objects. The most fascinating bit of the show was that only a few weeks into the experiment, you could tell that some of the participants TRULY believed they were stuck in that situation.  Reality had completely escaped them and they were living the experiment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7) Riding the high of The Colony, we discovered a super short BBC series called Survivors, a drama about a small group of people who survived a worldwide viral outbreak.  It was dramatic, fast-paced, suspenseful and hosted a variety of situations that could present themselves when society breaks down.  It was so interesting and well done!  I'm extremely sad it is over.  Just go watch it - SOOOOOO GOOD!!!


Head over to Conversiondiary.com for the rest of 7 Quick Takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...