1) I bought Jason a homebrew kit for his birthday. Our first batch of Oktoberfest will be ready in 2-3 weeks! $45.00 was the cost for 4 cases (48 bottles) of beer! Not too shabby for the good stuff! I of course will only have a sip...or 20...
2) A few weeks ago, I posted a story about how Leo wanted "nocunars" (binoculars) to see Oma flying with the angels in Heaven. We haven't spoken about Oma for a long time except for including her in our daily prayers, so I assumed the concept of death was completely lost on the kid. Then I grabbed binoculars for Jason the other day and Leo immediately asked for them.
He then announced that he was going to go outside and look for Oma with her wings :)
3) I was chatting with my neighbor this week and he mentioned hunting. I always felt bad that Jason moved from 1300 acres of land in Texas to this area in Maryland and he doesn't get to hunt anymore. I felt even worse that the last time we had the chance to hunt, he let me pull the trigger instead of taking the shot. (And this Yankee-girl DID it!!)
So I mentioned possibly buying Jason a bow and arrow set since it was more affordable than hunting with a gun. My neighbor JUMPED at the chance to get a local hunting buddy, researched all night, and found Jason's new-to-him bow that evening!
Within less than a week of the conversation with my neighbor, Jason is outfitted completely with a bow and his parents sent up all his hunting gear.
I see a lot of deer meat in our future!!
4) Leo had a playdate last week with a boy exactly his age. They are finally at an age where they actually play together instead of just stare at each other from opposite corners of the room :)
How cute are they?!?!
5) Oh they are so darn cute...
6) Here are a few links I read this week that are very interesting:
- Explosive new evidence of torture, murder and pillage to be revealed today at House hearing on China's brutal one-child policy (I watched some of the hearing and the evidence is tragic...)
- "Trust Black Women!" shouted by mostly white pro-choice students at black pro-life women (The video is sadly hilarious. These kids tried their best but just looked like chumps in the end.)