40 Days for Life

If I am anything, I am pro-life.  This extends to everything - I am anti-abortion, anti-death penalty, anti-mercy killing.  I don't even squash bugs unless they are threatening my life.  (That stink-bug that suffered a death by drowning in the toilet was killed as a direct result of landing in my yogurt and trying to poison me!)

Two organizations that I am a HUGE fan of are:

1) 40 Days for Life  (Wikipedia)

2) Feminists for Life

Recently, I signed up to participate in the 40 Days for Life prayer outside our local abortion clinic.  I signed up originally thinking Jason would stay with the kids and I would go alone.  Not so!  Jason's schedule shifted and I had to bring Leo and Elena with me.  It was a brisk and cloudy morning and we dressed the part!


I was a little nervous bringing both kids.  I don't want to be that mom - you know, the frazzled, hair-a-mess, screaming "Get Back Here!" while chasing my two children outside a clinic while trying to advocate that a girl KEEP her child!

Leo was able to keep me on my toes while we were there.  There was a small grassy hill that he attacked with his only pair of shoes. 


Other than running away from me once, he was very well-behaved.  I was also relieved when I found out that this particular clinic is no longer performing abortions as of 3 weeks ago!!  The doctor who owns the clinic is in a world of legal problems and his "medical license has been revoked, relinquished, or temporarily suspended in 5 states, is now facing regulatory and tax troubles that could jeopardize his chain of 15 abortion clinics." 

I wish there were an easy solution to the problem of abortion so that the choice of abortion was rendered unnecessary.  So, I will continue to peacefully pray for the babies and mothers.  That is the best I can do for now.

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of posting on this topic too but haven't yet.
    I have plans to take my kids to a clinic here too.

    Even if your kids did run amok there they are so cute they would be sure to change someone's mind considering it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, I'm not pro-life for bugs. If they are in my house they are threatening my well-being. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...