1) It has been almost a month since I wrote a blogpost. You would think I would be full of material. I am not though. So suffer through these with me, m'kay?
2) I am super pumped that tomorrow is the very first day of our brand-new Tyler Farmer's Market. I will be sitting at a table with friend and my sewing machine. If you bring a t-shirt, we will make it into a grocery bag for you. Or you can buy one of the ones we have already made!! Also, even though our farmers have had terrible spring crops from freezing weather, a bunch of local artists, my favorite local coffee roasters, and 2 of my favorite local food joints will be there. I can't WAIT!! Who said being a stay-at-home-mom is monotonous and boring? I'm the busiest I've ever been in my entire life!
3) While I sewed bags, the kids got to crafting. But not because I'm super mom. Only because they lost the Roku remote and they can't watch tv anymore until we find it...
4) These two are best friends. And they are rarely apart. If they are together, they are usually wrestling. But, once in a while:
5) I finally did it. I made homemade deodorant. 1/3 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup arrowroot powder. Stir and store. I doubled the batch and shared with my friend Carmen.
The amazing thing is that this stuff WORKS!!! When I'm working out, I smell like a fresh coconut. Even hours after applying, I smell amazing. And I keep checking just to make sure it isn't a fluke.
6) I refuse to throw away bananas. I always think "Oh that would make awesome banana bread!" But the worst part about this rationale is that you never make the banana bread, and you have to suffer through a fruit fly infestation. So this time, I used the banana for good, not evil.
DIY Fruit Fly Trap: Banana with some jelly on top. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in the top. The flies can get in, but they canNOT get out!
Rotting banana FTW!
7) I finally found my cord for the camera. One month of not taking pictures just because the cord was hiding in the mini-van was not fun.
Happy Weekend everyone!!
And visit Jen for more takes!