1) We survived Jason's trip away from us for 5 days. Someone was praying for us, because the kids were angels for 5 straight days. I couldn't believe it. If they weren't playing with their castle/dollhouse village, they were running around in costumes.
I don't even think it was a fluke! It actually continued after he returned too. Most of it is due to Leo being an awesome kid in general. He is 4 and a half and acts like a big kid all the time. Maybe all those moms who said that having more than 3 kids were onto something. Turns out, as they get older, they DO get easier!!
2) While Jason was in England, he was talking with 2 Brits about how to cite in a bibliography.
Jason: You cite the author like this: Write Gale comma Jason period...
Brits: *Hysterical laughter* It's called a Stop!!! A period is what a woman has!!!
3) My kids have had runny noses and coughs for over a week now. It started when they went to the gym daycare. I REFUSE to let this stop me from going to the gym on the regular. Except that it is stopping me....
I still manage to go 4-5 days a week. But every time they sneeze I have to keep them out of the daycare. But I haven't been sick once yet this winter!
(I'm not superstitious, but that was a stupid statement to make...)
4) I think we have officially decided to homeschool!! Shoot - I already make my own yogurt and grind my own wheat. We have 3 small children and we call it a "good start." I'm going to take the sewing machine to all our pants and hem them up a couple inches. DONE!
No but seriously - I am in need of a Kindergarten curriculum and a Preschool curriculum. I have a couple resources that I have looked into, like pbs.org print-outs...well no, that's actually it. I have no idea what else I'm doing yet.
5) In Maryland, I belonged to the most amazing real food Co-op ever. The women who organized it all were amazing and I miss it!! I miss the access to all the food. I miss grocery shopping twice a month in a friend's house. I miss hanging out with all the families!
So I started my own in Tyler. What the WHAT?? I have no idea what I'm doing yet, so I'm hoping for success. But we do have a fake logo. That I don't own the rights to. I need to work on that.
6) I woke up freaking out the other night since we don't have folding tables to put the food out on. What was I thinking??????
7) My complete lack of blogging is related to this:
A stress-free house
Happily playing children
And a baby who almost figured out how to sleep through the night. My method? When Jason goes out of town, I accidentally sleep through the night without hearing my baby cry. The next night, they always sleep through the night. (After it happened with Roman, I remembered the same thing happened with Elena...)
Even despite the recent runny noses and coughs, we have been in production mode. G is for Gale! And Getting stuff done!! (I'm going to be the best homeschooling teacher EVER!)
Thanks to the gracious Jen as always for hosting!