It is similar to the time I spent a month in Mexico. Here are some of my observations about the great State of Texas:
1) Rain is an event. Prepare to talk about it. A lot.
2) Our town takes donuts seriously.
The ratio is 1 per 2240 people. In Frederick, MD, the ratio is 1 per 6615 people. And yes, the amount of donut shops here was so alarming I spent the last half hour doing all that research and even did a visual...
NO WAY!!! I LOVE DONUTS!!!!!
And no Texans - this is not on the normal grocery list for most other states. It isn't even found in most other states. In fact, it is such a rarity, I had to make my own...
4) But WAIT! There's MORE!!!
This is for the fat kid in everyone: Did you know that it is not uncommon to find a soft-serve ice cream machine in the waiting room of a restaurant in Texas?
I was stuffed to the brim when I found one, but the fat kid in me rejoiced and I made myself a cone. Because I could. Man I'm gonna love Texas...
5) Taking a quick trip to your local Texan Library? Rest assured you will be safe!!
Look how safe we were!!
Don't believe me?
7) I am having so much fun reading the bumper stickers here. I think Jason is seriously going to buy me this one:
8) The Texan pride!!! If I had a penny for every Texas flag decor item we have seen on our house hunt, I'd be able to get a Starbucks coffee. This is extremely common in Texas:
The most common item we found on our house hunt is the Texas Flag Shower Curtain: