Happy Galentine's Day!

Thanks to a typographical error by a good friend of mine, I have now dubbed today's holiday: Galentine's Day!

Oh wait - I guess I should do a quick update - NO BABY!!  The baby will get here when he/she is good and ready.  I think the baby descended even further and I have a little less pressure and pain in some ways.  I'm just appreciative of the lessened back pain and ability to move around a little easier!  The last 4 nights have been insomnia-free and pain free and I am loving it.  But I am getting super-excited for that post-pregnant feeling when your stomach goes all squishy and your intestines, lungs and kidneys return to their rightful places...

Since I was feeling so much better, I decided to optimistically bake a batch of Valentine's Day cookies for my husband...and the midwife, doula and nurses at the hospital who I hoped I would be paying a visit to last night!!  I thought it was a great idea at the time.



The kids didn't quite understand the holiday, but I did an alright job of explaining to them that the day is all about showing some LOVE!!!!


And if it involves cookies, they are already completely buttered up!


Unfortunately for me, 1/2 of a sugar cookie made Leo so thirsty...


...that we spent from 2:30 to 2:45 cleaning him up and setting him up in our bed with fresh jammies and a pee-free pillow...


I realize the cookie baking idea was just wishful thinking and the night didn't quite turn out as I expected, but at least I have 25 sugar cookies on my countertop today to console me in my oh-so-pregnant state.  And I had tons of snuggles from 3 special Gales to celebrate the day - and few kicks and punches from a fourth...


HAPPY GALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...