Warring Amoebas in Flight

We have been in this house for just over 2 years now.  A few weeks after we moved in, we realized that every fall, the birds travel through our backyard as the migrate south for the winter.  Aside from a fireworks show, it is the most spectacular performance in the sky!!


I took a trillion photos and they all came out blurry and chaotic.  This on is the only half-decent one.  I finally gave up and decided to just enjoy the show.


However!  I did capture on video the first few minutes of the best part of the show.  Watch the first 15 seconds of this video to see just a little bit of what we get to enjoy every year!  I like to call this "Warring Amoebas in Flight"


In other super random news, Jason and I just completed watching the entire 4 seasons of Mad Men on Netflix and we are officially out of shows to watch.  Without my mom around to care for, I am at a loss for what to do with myself!  I have been spending every other day with my mom for months now, just spending time with her and taking care of her as best I could.  Now I really have no idea what to do with myself!

Last night, in a fit of desperation, I grabbed my knitting basket from 1999 and got to work.


What is it going to be?  Oh how I wish I knew?!  I just thought it was cool that the colors stayed blocked instead of getting all mixed in together.  I think it might end up being molded into babylegs for Elena.  But we'll see if I actually finish them.  I am so grateful my Granny taught me how to knit when I was 12.  It's almost like riding a bike!  (Minus the talent, plus the Youtube tutorial 25 times in a row...and starting the first row over 36 times...)


I also grabbed our Ereader and started Anna Karenina.  I have never actually finished a classic book.  I usually grabbed the Cliff Notes or watched the movie version.  

Unless Twilight counts as a classic?  No?  Too soon?

My goal is to finish one or the other.  

Unless I get distracted by creating Halloween costumes ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...