Random Match Up

My friend Nicole always does this awesome "Monday Match" at her blog I Hate to Alarm You.  She takes two pieces of artwork and matches them in theme, color, orientation, etc.  It's like a quick Monday morning art lesson.  This one is my favorite, but probably only because she itemized the match up and gave us a glimpse into what she sees when she looks at the art.  I am at a complete loss when it comes to artwork and I have zero ability to appreciate it.  I just don't see what they see!  I need an artistic genius to hold my hand and walk me through each piece of artwork.
So, I offer you a completely random Wednesday evening match up:  Elena and Ed Grimley.


Do you know how long it took me to remember this character?  I googled the following:

Cartoon character with spikey hair
Spaz guy from 80s with black hair and became a cartoon
Cartoon character with black swirly hair
80s cartoon guy with checkered pants and suspenders
80s character that morphed into cartoon

I finally put 2 and 2 together and remembered Martin Short!!!!  I don't remember ever having seen this show, but the image of the cartoon Ed Grimley always floats around in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...