Ice cream cone dresses and sunshine

I love the spring.  I always forget how many days are spent looking out at the rain.  It is a necessary evil.  And you don't even really want to open the windows either or your house begins to smell like dead worms and blossoming flowers that smell like death.  (Anyone else have the death blossoms on their tree outside???)

After many many days stuck indoors, we were all itching to get outside.

I was able to bring my new Nikon (which I still have no idea how to use properly) and my smaller digital camera. 

And yes - I remembered my other babies as well :)


I was happily snapping rather bad photos with my bulky Nikon while the kids ran around like maniacs. 



It was right around this point (see picture below) that I put down the huge Nikon to save my child.  She is brave and fearless.  Nothing scares her.  Except her big brother...and the scene in Toy Story 3 when Buster the dog falls on Woody...


This adorable dress was a birthday present from her Aunt Julie, Uncle Nathan and Special Cousin Iris.  I have been counting down the days until she could wear it!!!  THANK YOU!!!!


She looks like an ice cream cone :)


And this maniac??  Let me tell you about this little guy.  Last year when Leo was just shy of 2 years old, I took him to this very park where he stood still in one spot while chewing his finger and just watching all the other children play.  If a child came within 3 feet of him, he started to panic and cry hysterically.  I would have loved to be able to blame it on hunger and sleep deprivation but it wasn't the only time that happened. 

But now?!  Look at this kid!




(Look at the little rolls on her ankles!!!!  *Sigh*)

I was feeling a bit on top of the world this day and even remembered to pack some sandwiches.  My kids are usually the ones melting down and screaming for some water (which, 99% of the time, is full and sweating profusely on my kitchen counter at home). 




Just to keep me humble though, 2 petite young women in teensy tiny little shorts and skin-tight tank tops, perfect tans and finely tones muscles showed up.  It wouldn't have been so bad except that their children were the same age as mine and one was even sporting a 3rd trimester baby bump.

We couldn't get out of there fast enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...