A weekend in paradise

Jason was invited to Camp Maria for the Labor Day Weekend Family Retreat to coordinate all the youth activities.  Three words: A...maz...ing.  The whole weekend, start to finish, was spent with awesome people, great kids, beyond phenomenal weather and the scenery was breathtaking.  The first morning we woke up to go down to the pier for morning prayer:


As we are trudging through the grass, Jason stops suddely and says "Honey look what you almost stepped on!!!"


Can you see it at the bottom of the picture?


This little baby bunny rabbit sensed us coming and scrunched down to hide.  Somehow, neither my feet nor the 4 wheels of the stroller hit the little guy.  I don't know what I would've done.  I know my sister hit a bunny with her 15-passenger van and cried like a baby.  I know I would have too.


Look how tiny he is!!!  I am glad to report that there were no more close calls with nature.  A few fish and crabs were caught but the fish were thrown back in the water.  I believe the crabs suffered a much more delicious fate...

 More pictures of our weekend to come!

1 comment:

  1. Why is it that everyone makes their way to St Mary's County, and no one lets me know? ...sigh.
    I'll get over it, since I know how fab it is - I live here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...